This week I did my quarterly makeup cleanout - Throw away stuff that smells funky, sanitize everything... and add something of course. I went through something of a makeup obsession about a year ago. However, I came to the realization that I enjoyed buying it and looking at the pretty packaging more than I enjoyed wearing it. Now, I try to just buy what I need and only have one of everything... as a general rule. I still love makeup, especially when you have lots of time and you can sit at your dressing table, with a glass of wine and fresh face and just really go to town.
Basic everyday makeup
- Jemma Kidd mineral foundation and powder (They just discontinued this brand... here and in the UK :(
- Rimmel lipstick in Airy Fairy 070 (My favorite lipstick of all time)
- Anastasia Tinted Brow Gel
- Lancome Under eye concealer
- Bare Minerals (has SPF 15)
- Mac eye shadow in Mystery
- Tarte blush in Blissful
- Marcelle Ultimate Lash mascara (Nobody seems to use this except my mum and I... It's so good!)
- Milani Illuminating Face Powder in Hermosa Rosa (I mainly bought this because of the name)
The only Chanel I own
Mac Ruby woo and Rebel
Rimmel Airy Fairy
Ruby Woo is beautiful but very matte - Quite drying.
Rebel is really good at bring out eye color - Sounds weird but true.
Urban Decay Naked eye shadows
If you have to buy one thing, it should be this.