Sunday 15 June 2014

A Very Tarty Afternoon.

Thomas Haas is known for chocolate. We like chocolate... I'm not sure what else to say? Well, I will say that I went to the Thomas Haas Patisserie with my fellow countrywoman, Rebecca. We went to the one on West Broadway, which is between Larch and Trafalgar Street. It is bigger than the North Vancouver location, but for what it gains in size, I feel lacks in a certain coziness. 







There are pros though! There is a big wooden structure on the ceiling, which represents the chocolate molecule. I really like this idea, and of course couldn't resist taking a picture!



Before going, I had actually taken a look at the website and made up my mind that I wanted their Pear and Almond Tart. Here is a picture of the Pear and Almond Tart, except you can't see it because they had sold out. 



The only thing in the whole place that they had run out of! I put a little strop on for about 20 seconds, pouted a bit, considered the idea of stomping my feet, and then realized I wasn't a child and ordered a Gluten Free Caramel Brownie Tart, which also look pretty good. 



Thomas Haas himself served us, and I have to say I felt a little starstruck. He recommend me the Harmony tea - I said yes of course!



Rebecca ordered the lemon tart and a Cappuccino. We cut our tarts in half and shared like proper little ladies. 







We had a lovely chat for about two hours, and then decided it was time to leave as we were the only ones left in there and they were stacking the chairs on tables around us! The tarts are really tasty, a perfect little midweek pick-me-up. 
Thank you Mr. Haas for a nice experience!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment