Sunday 26 May 2013

Brunch at the Flying Pig.

Rather than going out for dinner this weekend, we did brunch. We had our minds set on Gastown, and ended up choosing a new place called 'The Flying Pig'. 





























I don't entirely get the name... but the location is nice and it is quite a big space. I remember going there about two years ago, when it used to be a Mexican Restaurant. Funnily enough, she sat us in exactly the same table as I did two years before. Also, funnily enough... or I guess not so funny, the restaurant had exactly the same smell. The service was alright, a very chirpy server and a not so chirpy host. 





First off, they served us a piece of banana bread, and free I might add! It was bloody lovely! Harder than traditional 'moist' banana bread... I hate that word, but for want of a better one I´ll go with moist! One couple sat next to us, and she actually refused the banana bread because they were both 'Gluten free' which I could kind of tell from her hairstyle. Apparently I rolled my eyes quite blatantly. 

Under the menu title 'Brekkie' I ordered the salmon benny, and with that a very small cup of coffee. Jose ordered 'Chef Erik’s Croque Madame' which does't really sound like a dish to me, but it was really tasty. 

The website - The Flying Pig

No comments:

Post a Comment